Friday, October 28, 2011

October, October, I'm so glad you're ober...

OKAY. I made it. This has been the busiest month I have ever had, and likely the most challenging test of knowledge, motivation, productivity, study habits, and faith that I have ever had!

Throughout October, I have taken a total of 14 exams and quizzes. Think on that for a second. 14!? How is there enough time in the month? In the typical work week (I am not going to count Sunday in my percentages because I don't work on that day) I am in class for 18 hours. That's about 12% of my week. Now in the typical week I sleep 8 hours, which takes up about 33% of my week. So already by attending class and sleeping, that's more than 45% of my time! Now I have homework for about 2 hours a day, that brings the total to 53%. And next, I study for each exam, up to 3 hours+ every few days! Now we have the necessary items adding up to around 60%. Add in eating, extra long homework sessions, study sessions, shopping, church callings, driving, and crying, we are up to like 1306749%

Yea, I am exhausted. The worst part about a time like this is that there is no "resting" from the stress. As much as you tell yourself to take a break from memorizing a bazillion definitions, you still worry about it when you are trying to sit back and watch a movie, or read a book, or even eat a tasty treat! As I have expressed already, studying isn't done until the test is over. There is always more information to take in, more things to brush up, etc. Taking 5 history based classes is difficult because there is TONS of memorization. I have been blessed more than ever with a mind that is able to distinguish the hundreds of terms I have thrown at it this past month.

Wednesday night was definitely a rough one. I was still preparing for another exam and I also had two more essays to write by Friday. Boy, I was worn out. Just when I thought I couldn't handle it anymore, I woke up and went to class in the morning only to discover this:




The first fruits of my labor! I studied for hours on this exam. Hours. I have never studied so hard in my life. Honestly, when I saw that I got 100% it definitely increased my hope for humanity. The weirdest thing is, despite all of the suckiness of this past month, everything seemed better once I was able to see the benefits of my hard work. I am now more motivated then ever to keep at it! I doubt all my scores will be 100s, but its great knowing I really tried the best I could.

In other news, I discovered some really great trail mix like snack from Walmart called "Cranberry Nut Antioxidant". It is a blend of almonds, cranberries, and sunflower seeds. It is definitely calorically dense, but when I didn't have time for food, grabbing a handful and running out the door really kept my spirits up! I think I kinda ate most of the cranberries out of it, but I will probably just add a bag to the nuts and seeds that are still left over. Nummy!

Halloween is just around the corner. At this point, I am not 100% sure what I am doing! The church is having an activity which seems fun, but it involves dancing and my date isn't really a fan :P We definitely want to carve pumpkins and some point (I know it's a little late but we can't really keep pumpkins for long inside the dorms anyways) for traditions' sake. There is also a haunted town that gets set up around halloween in Pullman that has several haunted houses and such. We have some friends that are going to that so we might join them! Whatever we do, I am sure it will be fun though! I love not having tests to worry about! :DD

Well folks, this chicky is wiped out. Goodnight, and hopefully I will be able to post more now that I am not so terribly busy!
-Arianne

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised you even have enough time to blog with everything that you have going on!!! You really are an amazing person Arianne. I loved your 1306749%. :) Sometimes I feel like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete