Saturday, February 11, 2012

I should be studying right now...

Like the title says, I should be studying for my political science exam on Monday, but I am a little worn out and I just want to have fun! I actually thought I was done studying, and then I noticed that I hadn't downloaded all of the pages from the study guide...yayyy :/

Went on my first double digit run today! I ran on the Bill Chipman trail, which is a historical train route between Moscow, ID and Pullman, WA. It's kind of fun because there are little historical signs along the way that help pass the time. Total, the trail is 8 miles, but I just ran 5 miles to Moscow, and then turned back for a total of 10.03 miles! What I loved was seeing the next mile marker off in the distance, a little more inspiring than a regular route or treadmill.

The only downside was the weather! Snow was dumping, and it was about 30 degrees. By about 5 miles in, I couldn't feel my hands (and believe me, I was starting to freak out a little), but that just made me keep going (so I could be DONE sooner!). At around mile 8, mile joints were all just frozen. My legs were like going on their own accord, but my red little hands were just balled up into fists :( I should pick up some runners gloves! At about mile 9 though, one of my favorite songs came on my iPod and I just wanted to tear up a little, I was so happy! It's hard to believe that I used to make a sour face at my 2 mile runs, and here I am, running 10! By the time I finished I was so happy, so excited...and not tired? I guess my training must be working because I feel wonderful when I end my runs these days.

Another 10 miler next Saturday, and then the two weeks after I have 12 milers, and then the next week is my half! Makes me a little nervous, but then I just think "this is why we train....this is why we train....this is why we train". I may not be ready for 13 miles right now, but seeing how I have improved is amazing. I believe I will do very well!

School has been stressful lately. Lots and lots of exams. So far, all of my quizzes have been A's, so I am hoping the same is said for my tests next week. My American History class is very hard though. I am nervous about that one. The material itself isn't too bad, but the teacher is very very old school, so he pretty much gives students C's, fewer get B's, and very few get A's. I am trying very hard, but at the same time, I can only do my best. It is early yet, so we will see how things go.

Just got a new roommate this week, adding to the crazy stress! My old roommate moved out after last semester because her good friend needed a roommate. The only problem is that my new roommate is nothing like her! I guess it's just a little hard to get used to. She is at a friend's place tonight though so hopefully I can get a little sleep....

Because of the new roommie sitch, things everywhere else have gotten a little more stressful. I kind of avoid my room at all costs, so I have to try to do homework other places. The study lounge has been kind to me recently, so I think I found my new home.

Eric and his roommate have also been kind enough to let me hang out there a little bit more than usual, which is very nice. Thought about sleeping in my car last night, but in addition to being sensitive to the chaos of the new roommate, I am also a scardycat so I just tossed and turned in my bed instead. I am so sleepy, I don't know how I can make it through!

Blehhhh.

Despite all of that lameness, I have actually had a lot of fun these past few days. Eric and I finally used that giftcard to applebees my Dad sent a few months ago (Thanks Dad!) and it was absolutely delicious. They seriously have the best wings I have ever tasted (better than wingers!). Yesterday, we went to a valentines dinner put on by our church, and that was delicious as well! After the dinner, there was a dance, but we opted to go see The Vow instead.

Going to be honest, not sure whether I should give it 5 stars, or 1. A very very sweet love movie (with cute actors and actresses too! None of that weird bug-eyed blond girl in this one) with a terrible ending. It kind of reminded me of Dear John in the sense that it is this great movie that is picking up and picking up, and then it just collapses into a ball of mush.


That being said, this was the first time in a long time that Eric and I have gone to see a movie which was super fun for us! Not to mention, he was one of three guys in line (outside in the cold). Total brownie points :P Today we got lunch together, played Halo, looked and funny things on the internet, went to dinner, and ran to the store to pick up some ingredients for our Valentine's Day treats! Can hardly wait until Tuesday! My second favorite holiday is ALMOST HERREEEEE!

So pretty much, this managed to be the longest blog post in the world. Thanks for reading! I guess I should get back to studying! :)

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot going on. Hang in there, and don't sleep in your car.

    ReplyDelete