Monday, February 20, 2012

Love Love Love

Haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would take advantage of my 3 day weekend and write a bit!

Valentine's Day was SO much fun! Eric even got me roses :))


I get out of class around 12, and Eric talked to his TA and rearranged his lab schedule so we could go out and have fun!

First we went ice skating!
Eric is Canadian, so he was born on an ice rink, and I have always enjoyed going. Just recently, our church rented this rink for an activity. We took a look at the schedule when we were there and decided to go for Valentine's Day too! It was really awesome because the ticket guy gave Eric a huge discount. Even with the skates, only 7 bucks! The only thing I love more than romance is a good deal :P

After skating, we went to one of our favorite restaurants:

Mexican is rapidly becoming my favorite type of food. Salsa...burritos...cheesy goodness...Mmm! As you can probably tell, we didn't take any pictures inside the restaurant, but just imagine us looking cute eating chips.

After dinner:

A day or so before, we made yummy chocolate dipped strawberries and stuck them in the fridge so they would be ready to eat on Valentine's Day. Boy, were they delicious. Since Eric was already a good sport and watched The Vow with me on Friday night, we had a fun evening in, chomping down on chocolate strawberries and watching Top Gear! Even though it is sort of a boy show about cars, I always think it's hilarious so we both had a great time!

My parents also sent me a load of yummy treats!
As you can see, the chocolate box is empty. I promise you, it didn't come that way :)

Since then, it's been a pretty busy week. Keeping up with my running schedule. Managed to shave 4 minutes off my 10 mile run this week. Hooray! Also in the fitness realm: just discovered Clif Shot Bloks. Seriously, these are miracle workers. I have been really brave in trying different (and disgusting) fitness products, and I absolutely believe these are the best of what is out there. Small little gummy chews, 100 calories a serving, loaded with Sodium, Potassium, and Carbs without any fat and low in sugar. I always use fitness products without caffeine (for those of you that don't know, caffeine already speeds up your heart and can be dangerous to exercise with. More apparent, however, is the fact that a higher hear trate actually makes you more tired so it won't yield good speed results) and this one fits the bill! You get 6 cubes (2 uses) for about $1.25 (cheaper than power bars, which are about $1.25 for a single use). Another great product I recommend is Sports Beans. Yum!

As far as the running goes, I have just really started to understand how much the human body is capable of. I started off as a relatively fit teenager, running 2mi every few days, tons of knee pain...but now, that is all gone! I had no idea that, if I only train myself, I could run 10 miles, and not feel very worn out.  My training is lightening up a bit, and I am almost a little sad! I am capable of so much more than even 13.1! Dare I say I have a full marathon in my future? :)

In other news, today I just had my short 5mi run, cleaned and vacuumed my car, filled the tank up with gas, vacuumed my room, and I am just about to finish cleaning up and go out to grab some lunch. I love it when things are so clean going into a new week. Feels great!

Hope everyone is enjoying this extra day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment