Wednesday, July 28, 2010

19 Days until I move in...

To my dorm at SUU.

Today, my boss said "Are you nervous?"
Me: Yes
Boss: Worried?
Me: Yes.
Boss: Sad?
Me: Yes
Boss: Scared?
Me: Terrified.
Boss: Good, that's everything you should be.

I have been thinking about that a lot today. I think people really make this whole college thing into something crazy. You spend all of senior year convincing yourself that going to YOUR college is the best place ever, and you forget that you will be leaving all the things that have made you who you are. So I guess keeping that in mind, its okay to feel nervous, worried, sad, and scared.

Currently looking for upsides, I found one the other day. Shopping. Haha. I love all the shopping for my kitchen, and my room, and all my supplies, and most of all, CLOTHES! I have always loved shopping trips, but this is kinda different. I guess the more things I cross off my list of things I need for college, the more confidence I get. I swear I am not a (serious) shopping addict, but this has really been making me feel better lately!

I am excited to make my new room pretty and bake cookies and such. I am just not so excited for what happens when all those boxes are unpacked and its just me, hundreds of miles away from home....

1 comment:

  1. You are going to do great! You are so far ahead of the game compared to me when I left home.

    ReplyDelete