Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good Times

Life is good!

My Aunt Marilyn sent me this beautiful necklace! It is in a really snazzy case too! I definitely need to send her a thank you note back!
A while ago in the mail, Hillary sent me the cutest "genius" fridge magnets for my birthday! I was SO excited! We always had them growing up, but now I have words of my very own! Oh boy!
Also in the mail (I know, I have been a happy girl lately) I got my new pair of jeans! They were on sale from JCPenny, but I bought them to replace my other jeans that got a big whole in the tush! This is a picture of one of the back pockets!
Today was Temple Tuesday! Me and my two cute little friends went down to Saint George today! We didn't take pictures, but I assure you, I went! While I was there, the same old guy from last time asked me if I ever found out about his old girlfriend, Melva Jean Pulsipher! I told him that I had asked around a little but hadn't found much. He told me he really wanted to know how she was doing so I should try to find her and sit down and chat with her :P He was such a cutie!!!


He also told me that when they were dating, they would always go places on his motorcycle. And he said everytime he went around a corner she got scared and hugged him really tight. He said after the first time, all he did was go around corners :P I thought it was cute, however I didn't know that it was temple appropriate :P

After I got home I was determined to find this little lady and I found out that she had actually died in 2007! He is for sure going to ask me next time so I am trying to find some stories to tell him or something, but I haven't had much luck yet :O
I also recently finished my self portrait, and today I finished the essay that goes along with it. This had really been stressing me out so now that it is done I feel so much better!
In other news:
  • My French class and Math class were both cancelled for tomorrow so that means I get to sleep in!
  • I have a test in math on thursday and I am hosting another study group on Wednesday! I don't really need any help on this section, but when I have to teach it to the other kids it really gets drilled into my head!
  • Institute was really great today! I have really been loving it and I am so sad to think that the class will be over in a few weeks! It's enough to make ya just cry!
  • Book of Mormon if 40 days is going well! All weekend I was a few chapters behind and last night I kicked it in gear and caught up. It's day 10 today, I am 1/4 way through! Tonights assignment is Jacob 6-7, Enos, Jarom, Omni. Let's get it done!
  •  

4 comments:

  1. your self portrait is awesome :)

    way to go on getting all that new stuff! Sounds like a blast :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great necklace!
    Fun magnets!
    Nice pocket!
    "Good sad" story! (Maybe he's closer to that sit down chat than he thinks.)
    Fantastic self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that self portrait, and you're welcome! I hope you have fun magneting it up.
    I'll check out Ancestry for any pictures or stories about her, but it can be hard to find things online of someone who died so recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he starts referring to you as Melva Jean then I'd worry!

    ReplyDelete