Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a Good Day!

How can you have a bad day when you start it off with this?
I know, it is a few minutes long, but it goes by quickly and has a very nice message!

I love the line that advices us to "embrace each day with an enthusiastic welcome...no matter how it looks".

This morning, I accidentally slept passed my alarm! This hasn't happened all school year long so it was really weird for me. I was awoken at 9:15 (15 minutes after my first class starts) by a text message from one of my friends in French class asking if I was coming to class. In my head I was like "pfft, no. Too late now!" but then all of a sudden, I jumped to my feet remembering I had my french presentation today! I was in a whirlwind, with clothes, brushes, make up, hairspray, all flyin' around for about 5 minutes before I got out the door. Thankfully, I made it to class and the presentation went well! I was proud of myself though, because waking up like that was not fun, but I didn't let it bring me down!



Math class was as fun as can be when you are learning about probability. My math class really hasn't challanged me that much, but it is always good to have a class where you feel smart! We haven't recieved our most recent tests yet, but hopefully tomorrow! I am dying to have a 100%. I knew that chapter backwards and forwards! Ah well, my worst grade in that class as of yet is a 90, and all my others have been high 90s. I will get an A regardless.



In my Anthropology class, she handed back a whole bunch of homework assignments, and I will just tell you now, I got 100% on every assignment! That is pretty darn good! My teacher always starts presentation sheets (where the student chooses a date to present) in the front of the classroom, and me and my friends sit in the back. My buddy asked if she could start it in the back this time, and one of the kids from the front said "You know, you learn better when you sit in the front. She is just rewarding us." I told him we should compare grades :P



Didn't have photo today which was nice. I love having 2hrs for lunch! With my extra time, I steamed the left over broccoli from last night and toasted a bagel. It was pretty good broccoli! I bought a different brand of bagles than a normally do (because walmart was out) so it was different, but not terrible.


Nutrition was fun. We talked about sports nutrition, specifically staying hydrated and different intensities to work out at. It really inspired me to get my booty over to the gym, (I haven't been good about that lately), but I was a little too exhausted to change into gym clothes, go to the gym, come back, shower...so I just took a nice little walk instead. I should really take advantage of the gym, but maybe when I have a better night's rest behind me! :/
Right after nutrition I went to French Table (french discussion group). Today wasn't as fun as the other days, but it was still great! I haven't been studying french as much as I should so some tenses don't come as easily as I'd like them too. The other thing I have to remember is many of these people have studied in france and had a lot more exposure. Unfortunately, French doesn't count towards my major, but I want to continue to take classes (even after I graduate) so I can go to france someday...*sigh*


Right after French Table, I called my mom to talk to her about my dress I got to wear for Hillary's wedding! My older sister is getting married in July and has told the girls to wear pink dresses (because her colors are pink and brown). The dress I ordered just came in the mail today! It is so cute and it was such a steal! I am not sure if I am allowed to post it so I will just keep it a secret for now :P
Also in the mail today, I got a letter from Eric! It's pretty darn great. With only 24 days until I am done at SUU, there probably won't be many more letters in my future! It makes me sad :(


That was my day! I had a lot of fun. It has been nice weather, and my roomie is still gone so I have had the bedroom all to myself! Though I can't really spread out, it is fun to just be able to do my own thing. I know, I am so selfish!




à bientôt!


3 comments:

  1. That was fun. I'm glad you made it to your presentation. As far as the Anthropology class goes, I liked your comment about comparing grades. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good willpower getting up! I would not have been able to. But, you know me and sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, after all the travails of your French presentation, to have slept through it would have been sad. Glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete