Saturday, April 2, 2011

How to Get Hot Buns for General Conference Weekend:

Recently, I have really been wanting to make some homemade dinner rolls! What better project to do while enjoying the wonderful talks during LDS General Conference?! I used a beginners recipe and they turned out great!

Ingredients:

Yeild 24 Rolls

Combine water and yeast in lg bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.

With wooden spoon, stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.

Add flour, 1 cup at a time and beat in as much as you can.
(you will probably be able to use all the flour) Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days.

Be sure to clean your mess so your roommates don't get mad! :)

Turn dough out onto floured surface.

Divide into 24 equal pieces and roll each piece into a smooth ball

Place in rows in prepared (greased 13x9) pan and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.

Preheat your oven to 375 and bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown
ViolĂ !
 I ended up letting my rolls rise in the pan for about 2 hours. It was tempting to put them in earlier, but I wanted to make sure they were doubled in size so it would turn out right. If I were to do it again, I would only add 4 cups flour. The dough was a little stiff and hard to roll into balls, and they do get extra flour when you put the dough on the floured surface.

These puppies turned out so good. I will definitely make them again. The top of the roll is very flakey, and the inside is light and fluffly. YUM!

3 comments:

  1. awesome buns. Just need some turkey and cheese and you've got quite the creation on your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! I'm glad they turned out well. Enjoy. I wish I had some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lynnae, I think you've got plenty now! :-)

    ReplyDelete