Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mix It Up.

This past little while has pretty much been a mix of several things:

Yesterday
-Sent Eric cookies :)

-ANOTHER 100% on astronomy. Shyeeeaaa.

-Went to a city council meeting for my Education in Society class with my roomie. It was way hot in there so we got out as soon as possible and went to Dairy Queen. Delish.

- I found 6 bucks in my coat pocket, which was seriously like the coolest thing ever.

-Went to astronomy lab. My teacher said I was funny, which is good. I didn't do so well on my moon journal this week (because it's so cloudy...and a new moon...sooo....) so I didn't necessarily score lots of points on that, but I turned in my 12-Hr moon watch info, and he said it was "beautiful". Hopefully all the other A's will even out my moon journal failure for the week.

-Watched Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmere's with Eric

THENNNN today:
-Woke up and totally pwned the crud out of my Education in Society test. Suhhweetttt.

-Got a letter from Eric :D

-Called Eric on the phone. I woke him up. After talking for a few minutes, he suggested it was time to take a nap. Lazy :P I did try to sleep for a little bit, but then I got bored and watched some good ol' television.

-Went to the dark room and developed an AWESOME photo. So much fun, I will definitely go again. This is the awesome picture of the moon I developed all by myself!

 I included my feet and the textbook in this picture so you can see how big the moon photo is. I will definitely go again!

-Went to English class where I wrote a letter to Eric. We were learning about paragraphing, which after peer reviewing some kids essay, I decided it was a necessary lesson for them, but I kiiinndaa know that paragraphs have to have one (and only one) point. The great thing is, because that class is so miserably long, I had pllleeennnttttyyyyy of time to pay attention to the other bazillion power point slides.

-For my english class I am preparing a exploratory paper towards the media's use of rhetoric to create bias. After a few recommendations from my daddy, I decided to hit up the library. There are soooooo many books that I found that talk about media bias. I decided I would just look at the first 6 on my list, and choose which ones fit best. I wasn't sure how many books I could check out at one time, so I didn't want to get every single book I had listed. I had only been on the research and study floor, so I was soooo excited to see what the actually library floor was. I walked through the door and seriously, had the most nerdy, magical experience ever. There are huge picture windows everywhere, different types of study tables. They have rooms that you can actually reserve if you want private study time, or you can sit in the main part of the library. They have little places on each aisle to put books you took off the shelf, and the whole place is just silent. I can't wait to go again tomorrow to get more books :P

(And, not to mention. The school has this reeeaaallyyyy cool automated self check-out that even prints you a receipt to tell you when each book is due!)

-After my amazing library experience, I set up a meeting with the Education advisor to talk about my minor. I have a few questions about endorsements vs. certification. I also added Psychology, Political Science, and Sociology to my list of potential minors. My goal is to have another subject to teach. I am a little worried that I wouldn't be good enough at something to teach it, but Eric always assures me that I can do anything, I just should choose what I like. Thanks for the support, E (:

-The rest of the day was puuuree fun. My two roomies and I went to wingers and had the beeessttt food ever, and then we went to Walmart. SOOO much fun.




As you can see, we found particular entertainment in the Halloween costume aisle. We are planning on renting some movies, carving pumpkins, and having some buddies over. We want to decorate our little home soon. Hopefully I can convince the girls to dress up a little :)

My roommate just came to tell me that there was ice cream in the freezer. Yea. I live in Zion, baby.

3 comments:

  1. I love finding money in my pocket... but never do. Sadness.

    I loved your magical nerdy experience. Welcome to college :P

    Looks like you kids had fun at WalMart.

    ...you should become a football coach, miss good at everything :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Coaching isn't on my list. But I'm sure I would be quite proficient, had I ever learned. Way to ruin the moment :P

    If you want, I can send you a dollar to put in one of your pockets to find at a later date. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 9th grade English teacher's rule for how long a paragraph should be...
    "A paragraph is like a mini-skirt - short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject."

    ReplyDelete