Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Today, room 206 had a blast!

Best Buds Carving Pumpkins!
Family and Friends of 206 :D

All of our pumpkins! Mine's a cat :)

 After carving pumpkins all of us (minus a few girls who decided they wanted to sleep soundly tonight) watched "What Lies Beneath". Um. It was scary guys. Honestly, I screamed. It is nice in a way because it resolves at the end, but now all of my senses are way heightened.

Apparently I wasn't the only one! Some of my roomies decided to have a sleep over together! We moved all of our beds in the living room and we are just chillin, watching some happy tv, and trying to be reassured by all of our long distance boyfriends :) Our other roommate said she was going to make pancakes tomorrow morning. Can't wait! :D




In other news, I made a pork roast and wild rice today. It was pretty exciting to be cooking this big piece of meat. I felt very official! I made sure not to wait until I was super hungry to cook, but unfortunately after the first HOUR I got hungry! I had made rice, which was supposed to take about 20 minutes, in the last half hour, but it turned out that the roast took an hour and a half. Hungry, I just started to eat the rice. Then I had a plum. Then some crackers. And then I wasn't hungry when the roast came out! I tried a little piece, but I just packed the rest up and put it in the fridge. Tasted good though! Thanks for all the advice, Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm. Meat. But I hate when things take forever to cook... especially when I'm starving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's too bad about the timing. But the same thing happened to me with the beef roast we had last week. (Maybe it's my cooking advice???)
    Your pumpkin carving/ sleepover looks so fun. I'm glad you have such good buds there in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really fun.
    Love the cooking story.

    ReplyDelete