Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wednesday Night = Party Night

I want to just start in the verrrrryyyy beginning of the night. What on Earth would have gotten 3 teenage girls so hyper?
It all started with one room.

In my appartment-style dorm, we have one space that all of us (6 girls!) share together. That is our kitchen and living room area. We often hang out in the mornings here, and spend our evenings together watching NCIS, Law and Order, Teen Mom, or any chick flick we snag for red box to have a girls night together.

Yet recently, there seeems to be a little discrepancy with the furniture. Though some liked the furniture against the walls, other roommates seemed to prefer the furniture moved into some sort of half-circle. I am not one to give my opinion, so I won't tell you how much I absolutely hated this new setup.

Every morning for the past week, I have gotten my workout moving the furniture back to the position I liked it at. Only to have to do it again after lunch, and one more time around dinner. I was not the only one to move it to its original position, believe me, I had allies. I almost wish we had a camera in there so we could watch everyone move the furniture all around that week.

At around 9:10pm, we decided enough was enough. Me and two other roomies decided a new layout for the room, hoping it would please both those who enjoy the perpindicular setup and the half circle setup. It's like designing for the sexes, except we are all girls.

So, here is the final room! We got the approval of all of our roomies, and I look forward to not having to do any more rearranging!

After redoing the room, we decided we had a lot more energy to spend. Roomie #5 said she wanted ice cream. Roomie #4 said she wanted french fries. And I metioned I could go for some sweet cuppin cakes. Deviously we planned how we would spend our evening. NO ONE WOULD BE DENIED OF THEIR DESIRED TREAT. While I stayed home making cupcakes, the other two girls went and got 2 large curly fries, and 1 large french fry. Though Roomie #4 decided against gettin ice cream, we did just have some the other day...

Roomies with all the fries and Ketchup :D




Magically Delicious!


Roomies + Friend :D
 Roomie #4 said "this is our freshman 15 right here", but I would like to point out that we all go to the gym all the time and when we do get around to eating, we generally eat healthy. We can afford a caloric splurge :P

Now, don't forget. During this whole time, I was making cupcakes. I have to show you what I did...


Basically, I never got a cupcake pan. My mother told me that most of the time, cupcakes will turn out alright when you just set the papers on a regular pan. In general, I actually don't think this would be so bad. The foil ones managed to keep their shape nicely. I think the problem I ran into though, was using the high-altitude recipe, which calls for you to add flour to the mix. This made it quite a bit denser than regular cupcake batter, so it kinda cooked flat in the papers...



The COOLEST RA EVERRR :)

Nevertheless, they were a crowd favorite.

In all of the partying, one thing went unnoticed. Roomate #5 and I had locked ourselves our of our room. It generally costs ten dollars to get your room unlocked. Totally sucks. So, my roomie calls the On Call R.A. to come and unlock us. To our joy, a guy answered the phone. Now, we are all taken young women, but desperate times call for desperate measures. He knocked on the door wearing too-tight Mtn Dew Pajama Pants and all. We decided we most certainly wouldn't flirt with him, but we would offer him several cupcakes. Once we did so, he said "Are you bribing me?" And we all nodded. It seemed to be working, but roomie #4 told him she liked his pants. I think that is what really what helped our case.

The only problem was, that after he unlocked our door, he seemed to think he was invited to the party. He said "You girls are too cute" and would not leaavvveeeee. He even started to go out the door, and came back just to smile. Poor thing. Probably thinks we offered him baked goods because we liked him.

Summary of the night:
French Fries: 6 dollars
Frosting, Cup Cakes, and Cup Cake Papers: 8 dollars
Getting locked out of your room: Priceless.

7 comments:

  1. 1) For the cupcakes, I'm sure mom was only talking about the foil ones...but they all look delish anyway.

    2) I've been playing the same furniture game lately.

    3) Way to reference an old Home and Garden favorite (designing for the sexes).

    4) You watch WHAT on TV? I guess I can't complain. Since I hang out with Nick's roommates it's pretty much always Man VS Food, football or something on the history channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I want one of those cupcakes.

    And are you guys really high altitude? *googles* Huh, Cedar city is at 5800ft, and HA recipes get adjusted at 3000. Epic resourcefulness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me. I am not in control of the remote. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric. I will try to create the same disaster when you are around.

    I remember people sayin stuff about high altitude, and sure enough on the box it said about 3000ft and had what you needed to do. It was pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post today is definitely funnier than mine.
    Those cupcakes are *interesting*. Definitely mom was just saying the foil ones, but maybe you should invest in a cupcake pan after all.
    A time lapse of the furniture moving would be pretty funny.
    I wish you hadn't mentioned the too tight PJ pants...now I have to jab out my mind's eye with my mind's scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup. When you buy the foil cups you are supposed to throw the paper ones away (or give them to someone with a real muffin pan). But now you've heard it a million times, so it will serve as a lesson to everyone else.
    Your party sounds fun!
    You guys do eat healthy. Back in my day a big splurge was two chicken pies plopped on top of each other in a bowl.
    I can see you gagging now.

    Sweet not-so-cuppin' cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to remember this whole foil thing...

    I wish I could blot out the memory of those pants. I fear they will haunt me forever.

    Our party was so fun. Nice to just be silly after a busy school day!

    ReplyDelete