Monday, January 10, 2011

Re-uh Re-uh Re-uh-ranging!

My roomie and I decided that we needed a little change for this semester to make our room a little more interesting. If you can't remember what it looked like before in the first few pictures in my SUU facebook album.

So, here are the changes!

This is what you see when you walk in our door! With the desks back to back in the middle of the wall, it gives us private space. We also love having Sara's dresser as a printer stand! No more bumping your head underneath your bed! :)

My side of the room!

View from the side of my bed.

My desk!!! :D
First day of classes was today as well! I had a busy, but great day!

7:30- Woke up SHIVERING! It was 0 degrees outside!

8:00- Went to the Post Office to pick up some packages, including my French textbook

9:00- Beginning French I
                 +This class was TONS of fun. Madame Leahy is my professor, and she has the best foreign language method I have ever seen. She spoke french 90% of the time on the very first day! It was really fun. She decided that it would be best if I moved to French II because I guess we weren't supposed to understand what she was saying for that whole half hour. I am excited to see what my French II professor is like, but I will really miss Madame Leahy!

10:00- Quantitative Reasoning
                 + Best math class EVER. It's really great because everything we learn is interesting stuff I didn't know about before, but its really applicable. This will probably be a really easy class for me (100 level), but I am excited to learn some new things. Our first chapter we study is about voting statistics! So cool. Oh, and the teacher is the best ever. Not only is he pretty attractive (Eric says that at least that should keep my attendance up :P) but he is really funny and seems to teach in a very student-friendly manner.

11:00- Anthropology
                 +SOOOO many great friends in this class already! I am loving it. They all think I am funny, even the teacher :P I have some great books for that class, one about the life of a woman from a hunter-gatherer tribe!

1:00- Photography
                 +My teacher is young, (this is her first year teaching) interesting, and seems like a really hard-core teacher! She is even designating a day for "The History of Photography" where we get to learn about cameras and trends in photography since it started. Kinda neat!

2:00- Scientific Foundations of Human Nutrition
                 +LOVE my teacher. She talks really loud and has a great sense of humor. It seems like it will be a really great class to have at the end of the day, because she gets you laughin'! I already made some friends, including a mother who is going to school with her two daughters from Chile, and a recently returned missionary from Arizona who served in Argentina, who talks with a scotish accent....Yea...I really dont know whats going on there either.

The rest of my day included the usual, sorting out registration stuff, food shopping (THANK HEAVENS), and I did have to get the sweetest lady to help me jump my car. I made sloppy joes for dinner tonight, which was a first for me, and I am making a roast in my crock pot for tomorrow! The roast is way too big, but it was the cheapest they had and I really wanted to try my new slow cooker I got from my mother! :D

I had a great day today, and hope to have another good one tomorrow!

...just need a new car battery now :P

3 comments:

  1. 1. What's a 100 level in a class? Like a grade of 100%?

    2. Since your photo prof was okay with using any point and shoot, you should come in with a Kodak brownie camera. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_Brownie Thats photo history right there! :D

    3. Don't investigate the accent on that missionary too much, or I may have to move to Australia for 10 years and come back with one. :P

    Congratulations on your first day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 level classes are lower division credits, the basics. Psychology 101 would be the easiest psych class. I am in Math 103, one of the easiest math classes.

    As to your other comments, I chuckled :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few old pictures of my Grandma when she was a girl, taken with her Kodak Brownie. They are cool and a little double exposed.

    I like your room. It's fun to have a change. You have a little homework office now.
    I'm glad you like your new classes. I hope tomorrow goes just as well.

    ReplyDelete