Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Resolutions.

1) Well, as part of an attempt to write in my journal and read scriptures everyday (which is actually going really well, I might add), I am deciding to put up a quick blog post (which counts as a journal entry) because I am just too lazy to try to find a pen at the moment...

So anyways, here I am.

2) A Job.

This week. People tell me it's nearly impossible. Like I have told maybe...10 people, and I have heard a bazillion sob stories about not getting jobs. I have been blessed with some great parents who actually let me hold jobs for the past 3 years, realizing that I wouldn't be able to keep up on other things as well. They probably wish they didn't (I think by senior year I did the dishes like...once a month. SORRY GUYS!), but I am so happy they did. I have a lot more experience here compared to other kids in the area.

I am not at all picky about what kind of job I land. I definitely am going to go around to gyms in the area to hopefully start up a zumba class, but I plan on exploring lots of options. My days have been really busy, but I really do need to kick my savings up a notch. Cross your fingers and say your prayers, cuz this chickee's lookin for employment!

3) Fun.

Cedar City isn't the most cheery of places, but my last resolution is to try to enjoy my (lassttt????) semester here. I believe only one of my roommates is staying here for sophmore year, so we are all sort of going our separate ways. I am trying my best to enjoy the time. It has started to warm up for a while, which is nice. One of my roomies and I went to St. George today and had tons of fun! We also went to family home evening combined with some other ward which -hold on to your hats- has MORE MEN THAN WOMEN. They also actually seemed like nice people. Very few of them had weird Cedar City accents. So, Cedar City 12th Ward, I think I will attend our combined activities from now on.



____
I have stayed up way too late and rambled far too much.

Ah well.

2 comments:

  1. more men than women? that's a first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it makes up for your ward I guess. I'm glad you had fun in the sunny S.G. yesterday. I saw your pictures and they made me want to be there.
    Good luck with the job hunt. Someone would be crazy not to hire you.

    ReplyDelete