Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feminism

The "belief in the need to secure rights and opportunities for women equal to those of men, or a commitment to securing these".


Why did this:


....go to this:




I am, and always have been quite perplexed by the desire in many feminist women, to act less like a lady and more like a man.






What part of equal rights for women is "Hey, if you really want women to be equal to men, chop off your hair, wear men's baggy, ugly pants, and just let yourself go." I may not be feminist cheerleader number one, but to me, feminism should be about accepting all the wonderful things you are (the things that make you DIFFERENT from a man) and not allowing it to hold you back from success.


Show me a woman who is kind, gentle, successful, and proud of who she is, and that is what equality is all about. Let her attend school. Let her have a job. Let her raise a family. And for heaven sake, let her curl her hair and wear cute skirts and shoes. Seems like me message should be "let me show you how well rounded I am" instead of "let me show you how much of a man I could be".


"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.Margaret D. Nadauld
Love that quote. Read the whole talk here.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. I love the equal rights but something has pushed this way too far. When a feminist looks and acts like a man I think they don't really support women either. And they usually don't like men that act like men. Weird. I loved the quote at the end too. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete