Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Good Good Life

Fun day today!

Stayed up until 3am last night watching funny shows...
Okay, I know this is a little ridiculous, but I really enjoy staying up late. Happy days!

Slept in until 11am and woke up to beautiful sunny day...
Sun is already starting to melt the snow- makes me happy because (although I think the snow is lovely) it has really been taking a tole on my knees! I also haven't really been able to get to the gym because it's far too cold to walk in gym clothes, no place to store boots and coats if I do bundle up, and parking spots have been a bit iffy latey-- I get stuck everywhere I go! I felt so well rested and happy when I woke up this morning. Nice!

Spoke at a baptism of one of my new, dear friends...
Pictures were taken but I don't have them yet!!! Started meeting with a girl about my age named Becky about a month ago. I knew from the second I met her that she would get baptized- weird how that works! I am so excited because this is the first time while I have been a ward missionary that I have seen an investigator all the way from meeting them when they stumble into a church activity for the first time, to their baptism. We have a lot of converts here in Pullman, probably about one a month, and it has been really fun for me to work closely with Becky and many others as they learn about the gospel. I have never spoken at a baptism before so I was a little nervous, but I definitely had a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again!

Went Ice Skating with my church Stake...
As soon as the baptism was over, we had all planned to bring a change of clothes and head straight to the stake singles ward activity, ice skating in Pullman! Probably the most fun ice skating I have ever had. Everyone is so friendly, there were free cookies, and of course I got to go with my ex-hockey player boyfriend who taught me to skate "like a Canadian" hahaha. I even learned how to skate backwards! Oh boy! Definitely going back there again sometime soon!

Dinner?
After skating, it was already about 10pm. Eric and I hadn't had dinner so we got Taco Bell (for me, mmm!), which they don't have in Pullman so I was pummppeeeddd. And Eric got McD's....Here is the exciting part- We even used a coupon!!! Eric's mom gave him some living social deals to use (Thanks!!!) so he got free large fries! I may have stolen a fry or two ;)

So much fun today, it makes me smile!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day we had :) And I like your blog's new style!

    ReplyDelete