Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Busy. Fun. Happy.

If you are ever wondering what it is I am doing, it will pretty much always pertain to those three words.

Busy:
School work has definitely been keeping me busy these past few days. As you know I was doing my 12 hour astronomy lab friday night, and the work hasn't stopped since then. I had a huge test in the class that I was studying like crazy for, and honestly, I can't remember if I ate anything on Saturday... Yay :) haha. I took my astronomy test Monday afternoon, and it went very well. There were a few questions that were tricky, but overall I was very confident and I am excited to get my scores back. I worked really hard and I think it paid off.

Flip-Note Study Guide I made for astronomy!

As you can tell, I got a little bored, so I tried to make it fun. For example, Tycho Brahe's nose got cut off, so I wrote "I gotcha Nose" and for "Important Things I Tend to Forget" I drew a picture of underwear. I really do wear underwear, and I don't think I could forget it, but it made me laugh everytime I saw it :P


Other than astronomy, I have a pretty big rhetoric assignment due thursday, which I might have mentioned before. The rough draft is due today, but I finished it yesterday so I am enjoying the relaxation time I have.

Fun:
Oh dear. I am sure having fun. Last week, I sort of decided I need to be a bit more fun, so I am trying hard this week :) My mom has a quote in her craft room that says "if you are bored, its because you are being boring". And though I am not bored (beacause of the business I already described, I was thinking that some...situations...which are super lame *cough* Institute *cough*, are probably only lame because I am being lame! So I went a little bit crazy, and I actually had a lot of fun. My institute peeps quite like me now. Its fantastic.

I am also teaching a zumba class for my floor Thursday evening. I am pretty excited, I need to practice my set a few more times, but it will be so fun! Zumba is becoming a great ice breaker and a really fun talent to have. I haven't landed any jobs yet, but I always volunteer for activities, so people are starting to get to know me! It's really fun :)

Happy:
I am way happy. My grades are good, church is going well, and my friends are awesome. I am totally loving life :) One thing that made me especially happy this week though, was a little surprise from Mr. Eric :) He got flowers delievered to my dorm! It was so sweet and everyone was totally jealous :) heh. They are still thriving, however its only been a day... I hope they get me through these next 65 days though :)
My Beautiful Flowerrrsss (:
So another BIIIGGG thank you to Eric for totally making my week :)

In other news, my stomach has been starting to be very unhappy again lately, so all today I have been veryyyy careful about what I eat as far as dairy is concerned. Its just been Trix cereal thus far, sans milk, and it is sitting pretty well. I had been eating a lot of grilled cheese or turkey sandwiches, but they all had lots of cheese. I have plenty to eat, but it's really hard to avoid the deliciousness that is found in cheese. Instead of cereal, I think I am going to start having oatmeal for breakfast, without adding the milk to eat it with. It's how I prefer to eat it anyways, and doesn't seem as pathetic as eating dry cereal... haha

<3

5 comments:

  1. No cheese?! Oh dear. That sounds like a tough life to live. Maybe you can balance it out if you do enough zumba :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Eric. It's a hard day today. I might go on a cheese binge tomorrow. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, nice post. The flowers are very pretty.
    I LOVE your flip chart.

    Craklin' Oat Bran is good to eat dry, though it's the highest calorie cereal on the market next to straight granola...it looks like cat food, still yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty flowers!

    Also, why don't you just get some of the meds from the store so you can eat dairy? They work really well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, those pills actually make me really nauseous now. What kinds are you taking? I suppose nausea is beter than that horrible burning and fatness. haha

    ReplyDelete