Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grateful Weekend.

I recently enjoyed this past weekend up in Payson, Utah (about 20 minutes South of Provo) visiting family. Well, it wasn't just a "vacation", (if any of you saw my previous post, I got my wisdom teeth out) but I managed to have a very nice time with family even with my swollen cheeks (Yes, I do mean my face :P).

My Grandma was sweet enough to let me and my family stay at her place over the long weekend. She made me a nice dinner the day that I got there, and she and grandpa were great company to have!

It was so nice to have my parents and sister there with me after I got my wisdom teeth out. I am soooo happy that they were with me instead of my silly plan of being by myself. Though some seem to have rougher times with their wisdom teeth extraction than others, mine went very smoothly. I have stitches now that I am trying to be careful of, but the pain is minimal. I was taking a prescribed pain medicine, which worked very well, but as of today I am just taking a little advil for the pain.

While we were up in northern Utah, I got to go with all the girls to watch my older sister try on wedding gowns! We had so much fun! She looked gorgeous in all of them but we all knew which dress was the PERFECT one for her July wedding! I can't believe I have to wait so long to see her in it again!

I drove the 2.5 hour drive from Payson back to Cedar this afternoon. I was so thankful that my dad checked my oil before I left. I was almost out! That drive is really bleak with long stretches between exits. Had my oil light come on, I would have been in a sorry state!

Once I did finally hit the road (about 45 minutes south of Payson) I realized I had forgotten my scriptures back at my grandma's house. I was really frustrated to have to turn around, but my mom met me a couple exits from Payson so I didn't have to drive all the way back! I better make that drive back worth it and study them really good tonight :P

The road conditions were great, without snow (which had been a worry). I found out when I got home that one of my sweet roommates slipped on some snow just this weekend and rolled her car. She walked away completely unharmed. I don't think I would have been as lucky or as brave!

I had a great weekend with my family! Looking back, I have much to be grateful for. Now I just have to make it through the next few days of midterms and such! Wish me luck! :D

1 comment: