Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Things that make me feel quite grand.

1. Having people tell me stuff I work hard on is awesome.
Yea, who in their mind wouldn't like that? I had my photo project evaluated today by the class, and I got really positive feedback. I was pleased to see that a lot of the problems that I had with my shots were the same as other people's. The only difference was that I pushed through the frustration and fixed those issues. It's nice to get recognized by your peers and your professors for the hard work!

2. Looking at art.
This kinda goes along with the last one, but in my group evaluation for photo class today, I got to see all the pictures from the rest of the class! We spent about 30 minutes going around and writing comments. It is so cool to see how a group of 50 kids living in one small town came up with 400 unique photos and subject matter. I am really excited to look at everyone's projects again next time! So relaxing :)

3. Stretching.
Now I know all this stuff about not stretching "cold" muscles and stuff, but really, what feels better than doing a few hamstring stretches while watching tv? Makes me smile!

4. Learning something new.
Just as struggling with a new concept is frustrating, hearing information and instantly understanding is really awesome! In my nutrition class today we talked about the physiology (structure) of the human body, namely discussing the nervous system and digestive system. When you learn about all these amazing process your body just does to keep you going, you really learn to appreciate it! The chapter in our textbook is called "The Remarkable Body!" How true! Whether big or small, our body is an amazing creation! It's amazing to me how much goes on just to keep you awake, let alone alive!

5. Talking to my family.
Yes, they are for sure sick of it by now. I think I have called them like....everyday for the past week! Yikes! But it is nice just to talk about all these things that are going on in the world and not worry about looking stupid or something. I am excited to see them all soon and be able to see what everyone is up to around the house, including my little puppy Missy (who is super rude, BTW! She never talks to me on the phone! :P)They are pretty darn cool :)

6. I see my boyfriend in 38 days.
Which is almost 37, which is practically 36.... Which basically makes me smile!

Fin.

3 comments:

  1. Your photos were pretty epic. I'm not surprised people loved them. I wish I could spend a class checkin' out pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for #5!
    It was fun talking to you. It's always sad when I have to get off the phone to attend to something else, but at least we got to talk for a while. I heard an interesting story regarding schools and education I'll have to tell you next time, remind me.
    Remember to eat well,
    Love mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reasons to be happy, i am glad you own each and every one of them. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete