Monday, August 16, 2010

They say home is where your heart is...

So I am definitely at home here :)

Cedar City seems to get more beautiful everytime I look out the window. Everything about the town (except these pesky, high angled driveways which scrap the bottom of my car EVERYTIME) seems completely perfect for me! I am not sure how many of you are familiar with the area, so here is a picture :)



I moved into my lovely dorm at SUU on Sunday, and I am still raving about it. I have so much space, everything is in very good condition, and I am just a minute walk from campus. Even though my family has a hotel room with a pool just a few blocks away, I am spending the night in my new dorm :) Exciting! I took some pictures and posted them on my facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30920442&id=1245195688#!/album.php?aid=193542&id=512042601

Tomorrow is kind of a busy day. I have to get my mailbox all setup to recieve letters and packages; then I have to pick up my parking permit. After that, the whole family is going down to see the beauty of St. George! My Dad and my younger sister both haven't been down there recently, so we are going to grab some lunch, go see the beautiful St. George Temple, and hike around Dixie Rock!




St. George Temple
Dixie Rock
Though everything is still a bit of an "adventure", and I seem to get a little lost when navigating to the free way, I definitely feel very comfortable, happy, and at home here :) I even have a buddy coming over tomorrow to watch a movie! Hopefully all will go well, but I have no doubt that it will. This place is awesome!

(:

1 comment:

  1. Oohhh Arianne! So glad I stumbled onto your blog. Hope you don't mind me checking in on you - I love reading your thoughts! :) And I'm delighted that you are loving where you're at. You deserve it! Keep us updated...

    P.S. I totally understand your feeling of having to leave behind your "crap" - I feel like that everytime we clean out our closets.

    ReplyDelete